How It Works – How to Bid in a Hang With The Band Auction
How Do I Bid?
To bid on a Hang With the Band auction register as a user of Hang With the Band and log in to your account. Click on the “Place Your Bid” button for the event you want to place a bid for (each event has it’s own minimum bid amount). You will be required to pay a one time non-refundable activation fee of $10 to participate in auctions. Type in the dollar value of your first bid and enter it. The first bid you place must either be the minimum bid amount specified for that auction or any multiple of $100 above that amount. You may further increase your bid as often as you like in $100 increments or any multiple thereof. You may never decrease or retract your bid. Each auction has a specified number of “winning placements” as stipulated in the corresponding Events Details page for that event. You will be able to see your numerical rank by logging into your account. While bids are placed by other bidders your rank may change from moment to moment. You can keep track of that activity by refreshing your page while logged in.
All bids are time stamped so that in the event of a tie, the person who bid first will get the higher ranking. Note that there may be benefits or extra activities associated with higher final rankings from auction to auction. Any such benefits or activities will be specified on the Event Details page of each respective event. If you end up in a winning position at the end of the auction you will be sent a Paypal invoice for the amount of your final bid at auction close which you must pay to secure your final ranking.
If you do not end up in a winning ranking as per the Event Details of the Hangout you are bidding on you will not be sent an invoice and will not be required to pay your final bid amount.
- “Reserve not met – Keep bidding!” indicates that a reserve price has been set for the listing and that bidding has not yet exceeded this price.
- “Reserve met – The Hangout is on!” – indicates that a reserve price has been set for the listing and that bidding has exceeded that reserve benchmark. The event will proceed as described and any subsequent bids that continue to exceed the Reserve amount are eligible to win the auction.
You must be 18 years or older with a valid credit card or Paypal account to participate in any Hang With the Band auction. Some auctions for events with multiple ranking winners (i.e. the top ten ranking bidders get to attend the event) will allow you to bid for yourself and up to one other person so that you may attend the event together. In this case the person you are bidding for must also be a registered member of Hang With the Band in order to participate in the event. If you are bidding in an auction for an event where there is only one winning bidder (i.e. the number one ranking bidder wins the entire prize) then refer to the Event Details of that package for the number of attendees you may bring with you to the event.
Hang With The Band Proudly Presents:THE KEEGAN ALLEN HANGOUT IN VEGAS!
AUGUST 17, 2013
The #1 Bidder and 3 guests of his/her choosing get this incredible experience with Keegan Allen, star of ABC Family’s #1 rated Pretty Little Liars
- Ride to the gig in a Limo with Keegan!
- You and your group get the Paparazzi treatment each receiving a deluxe photo with Keegan, personally autographed and mounted in an elegant frame!
- Be serenaded by Keegan then get an autographed guitar
- Sit down to a private gourmet meal with Keegan!
A portion of the proceeds go to benefit
The Nancy Davis Foundation for Multiple Sclerosis.